Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tuesday colour at The Outlaws

Good morning everyone,
Today is Thursday a holiday in South Africa...National Women's day. Good wishes to women all over the world.  I had this post all ready on Tuesday afternoon and was about to publish when our power went off. It finally came back on last night 26hrs. later....so it is a bit late.

Good afternoon friends,
First Colour challenge for August at The Outlawz and during this month our challenges with a twist are called "Awfully Hot" August challenges......well today here all over South Africa it is awfully COLD. We are having snow in almost all our provinces even here in the Johannesburg area, that very seldom sees snow...OK we didn't have much, but not far from us they were able to play and make some snow balls but our max. temp. outside my backdoor was 4deg...now I think that's cold.. I guess in a few days it will earm up and then our thoughts will turn to the coming spring.

About the challenge. This week Roxann chose the colour pallette and inspirational photo.....with the twist to add beads.




Our sponsor for this month is the Stamping Boutique
http://www.thestampingboutique.com/imgs/tsb-logo.jpg

 and the prize will be the digital images that our DT are using during the month.

Now onto my card


My background is an embossing folder, run through the Cuttlebug. I coloured it with Distress inks.
The bicycle is a Marianne Design die, and I added some 3D flowers to the basket.
The sentiment is a local one, cut with an X-cut die.
The beads for my twist are all the centres of the flowers.

I hope you will pop over to have a look at the corgeous cards made by the DT members and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I am entering the following challenges.
Dream Valley challenge #38...Die cuts and punches
Nutcrafters challenge #24...Embossed backgrounds
Deep Ocean challenge #31...Anything goes
Unstampabelles #14...Paper flowers
Whoopsi Daisy challenge..Punches or Dies
Craft a scene challenge..Anything in the great outdoors
No Matter which challenge #1..Anything goes
Come and get it challenge..Adult birthday

That's all from me today...take care and keep warm if you are in the cold..see you soon



23 comments:

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So pretty - love how you did the background :)

cotnob said...

This is so pretty, I love the scene you have created.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow very beautiful card Ursula.

greetings karin

TenSGal said...

I don't know why but I love bicycle images! This is so pretty and I love how you added the flowers! Very pretty, Ursula!
And Happy Woman's Day!!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the flowers in the bike basket. I cannot ride a regular bike but can ride a tandem bike like hubby & I have. Look forward to Autumn when it is cooler to be able to bike ride. Temps here have been 100+ with some as highs of 105.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

marion said...

What a sweet card with the bike, I would love to hang around in your place in the card. Gorgeous card, looks just like a painting. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at NMWC and good luck. Hope to see you back soon. Husg, Marion

Cumbrianlass said...

A super card, I love the bike and how you set the scene
Thanks for joining Whoopsi Daisy challenge and good luck
Janet

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty. The bike with the flowers is very special. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

brenda said...

Good morning as Ursula,

What a very effective scene you have created, my mind I can imagine whoever arrived on that bike is lazing on the grass having a picnic.

It's lovely to see you at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

Unknown said...

Very creative project. Thanks for playing along with us at NMWC, hope you come back next month and join in the fun. Hugz Suzanne

Sande said...

Fab card! Love the bike!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and hope to see you amazing creations next week too!

Hugs, DT Sande xx

Sandra said...

Such a beautiful card Ursula! I am so happy that your power was restored...I know what that's like and all I can say is keep the freezer closed at all times. I learned that the hard way during the famous North American black out a few years back. We had to cook everything we had and refreeze it all when it was restored 3 days later!
:)S

Anonymous said...

Nice. I like the way you did the tree. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It this week.

tootsie said...

Hi Ursula!

26 Ure sonder krag!!! Is dit nie wonderlik in SA nie!! LOL!

Gorgeous card! Love the fact that you coloured the embossed tree, very creative!

Thank you for entering my candy!

Big Hugs,
Wendy

NancyD said...

Great embossing folder and a very nice way of finishing it off. Thank you for joining us again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Meighan Wheller said...

Lovely card Ursula. I love the softness of the colours. Great bike die cut - love the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Come and Get it. Regards Meighan

Karen C said...

So glad you entered this beautiful creation into our Die Cuts and/or Punches challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Best of luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Monica said...

Love how you made a story here - such a plleasant scene! Love thr cycle and the colouring...
Sorry that it is so cold out there...
Sending you warm wishes,
Monica xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is amazing, hugs Pops x x x

Pink Dandelion said...

Really lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters and good luck. Debs xx

Eva Marie said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at DVC
xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley challenges, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop over and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/winner-of-my-candy-and-new-candy.html