Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Sunday

Good morning to all my blogging friends.
Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend. This is our last weekend of our holiday. Tomorrow is my DIL Diane's birthday which is the last of the celebrations of our holiday and on Wednesday we start our long flight back to South Africa. We had some more snow this morning and I think that will be the last of that for the moment...everything is still very white from last week's snowfall and freezing weather, but the ice is starting to melt. Must say the warm weather back home will be very welcoming.
This will also be my last card posted from The Netherlands.. I made it using the new Marianne Design stamp...Daisy knitting.


I made the card after seeing a similar fancy fold  one in a magazine..
I used local paper...from Studio Light
Image...Daisy knitting...Marianne design...coloured with aquarell pencils, cut with a Nellie Snellen die and a thin ribbon threaded through the holes.
A Martha Stewart edge punch was used for the borders and the flowers were cut with an Xcut daisy die and a felt flower and brad to finish them off.
Sentiment ...was a freebie in a magazine
That's it for now will catch up with you all when we are back in SA...take care

7 comments:

TenSGal said...

That is so pretty, Ursula...love the fancy fold...yours is just gorgeous!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very pretty card - love all the elements to this :)

Rene Sharp said...

What a sweet image, as a knitter it totally appeals to me!! Have a safe trip home :)

Darlene Lyons said...

What a lovely card! I followed you over from Outlawz! Thanks for the compliments on my card!

Riet said...

Wat is dit een prachtige kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.xx

Monica said...

Hi Ursula,

Glad that you will be heading towards warmer clime - wish you a safe and pleasant journey.

Your card is swell, love the ribbon weaving and the image has been coloured in so well. The MS border punch is gorgeous and so are the papers and the daisies.

Monica xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful easel card, Ursula. I love the pretty colors and all the lovely details.
Blessings,
Teresa

PS - Thanks for your comments on my blog.