Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Looking through the window at The Outlawz

Good morning friends,
Today is another lovely winter's day here in my part of South Africa. Beautiful blue skies, not much wind and temp of 23deg C, what more could one ask for....."winter to stay like this" Ha,ha,ha
My card today was made for theColour Challenge at The Outlawz.
Just a reminer that the 2000 member Party has been extended and will finish on Sunday 7 July, so you still have time to enter and take part in the fun.





The inspiration photo and colours were chosen by Laurian, with the Jewelled July twist being to add a window. Thanks Laurian for a really super choice.
Here is my take on the challenge:

 This is what I used
A new embossing folder by Darice for the background, coloured with distress inks,
For the window a Marianne Design Creatable..lantern, and I just cut the top part of it off to make a window







The image ..Cool Cat Clan by Digistamps4Joy
coloured with Aquarelle pencils and Distress inks, cut out and mounted with foam pads in the window.
Sentiment ..computer generated
Finished off with some ribbon and buttons.

Entered the following challenges

Cupcake Craft Challenge#199 ..Bright as a button
One Stitch at a Time Challenge#120.. Use a digi
Use your stuff..Button up
Hiding in my Craftroom..Anything goes
Delicious Doodles#22..1,2,3 Recipe..1 window,2 buttons,3cats
That's me done for today, have a great week, take care and have fun
Alota Rubber stamps challenge..Looking through a window
Creatalicious Challenge.Anything goes
My time to craft challenge">..It's raining cats and dogs

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely and great card ursula.

greetings karin

Josephine said...

Fabulous card - great use for that die too - I thought I'd recognised it!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Great card!!! Love the window!
Thanks for joining us at MTTC!!!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Fantastic card, what a clever way to turn the lantern into a window, Adorable :) Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Amanda said...

wat een heerlijk kaartje Ursula, zo leuk gedaan en jullie hebben in de winter 23 graden, wij hadden hier in Holland een warme zomerdag met 26, grappig is dat toch.

liefs Amanda xx

Teresa Kline said...

such a cute card, hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the image & the window is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Deb said...

Lovely creation, I love those cats, thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
Deb
xxx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great idea. Thanks or joining in with our use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie x

Leslie Miller said...

Love, love, LOVE the image! I had to go look. Thinking...do I need another digi? I have so many I haven't colored up yet but this one is so great. Love how you colored it, and your card with the window is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Excellent card and use for those buttons. Thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week. :)

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Super cute. Love this:)

Julia said...

This is so sweet, your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at My Time To craft. Hugs,
Julia