Friday, March 23, 2012

It is spring somewhere.....

Happy Friday fellow bloggers....
Yes I am sure many are experiencing signs of spring, but here in the Southern Hemisphere, definitely Autumn...certainly lovely weather here in South Africa.
Lots of challenges are calling for spring themed cards, so I decided to use the lovely image by Anne from The Outlawz freebie challenge in my card.  If you haven't visited The Outlawz you will love this challenge. You receive to digi images, make a card with at least one in the alloted 2 weeks and then you will receive your next set of images. Anne and Sandi are amazing artists and you will love their images

For my card I used a template for a "Card with Flower closure" that I received as a free gift  from  Cards etc Shop for joining their facebook page.




The paper I used came from a pad of My Mind's Eye...Lost and found.
The digi was coloured with aquarelle pencils. and on the inside I coloured a second digi and just cut out the flowers to place on the diecut.  On the inside I used Nestabilites and Nellie Snellen dies and the sentiments were from Whiff of Joy and a local supplier. The corners on the front were a Cuttlebug die and I used ribbon and pearls from my stash.

I will enter this in a few challenges

Hooked on crafts...more than one fold
My Craft Spot..Spring scallops

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the good weather if you are having some and take care. See you back here soon.

8 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love that interesting fold/opening!
Here we skipped Spring and jumped into Summer ;-(
enjoy the weekend!

Jolanda said...

wat een mooie model kaart. het is hier ook prachtig weer, het is bijna niet voor te stellen dat we nog maar zo kort geleden allemaal op de schaats stonden. Nu lijkt het wel zomer . . . genieten!!

Edwina said...

Your card is beautiful! I love it! Love the pretty papers you used. Edwina Brown

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely shaped and fancy fold card and such pretty papers you used - gorgeous :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the design, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft, good luck.
Kevin xx

Monica said...

How sweet and stunning....

Monica xxx

Jayne said...

Beautiful card,love the opening and soft colours.Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot.
Jayne x

Kate said...

This is gorgeous!! The soft colours are beautiful and I'm so impressed with the lovely way it opens!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper