Saturday, March 31, 2012

An explosion of boxes

Good morning friends on this Saturday morning
Hi hope you are all enjoying a lovely start to the weekend, or being well into the weekend, or even just thinking of the weekend, depending on where you are in the world.
I also want to extend a warm welcome to the new followers and friends that I have made. So good to see you and hope you will be back often, and please let me know what you think of my creations, I always love to read what you say.
Well as the title of my post indicates, I have made a couple of exploding boxes...I did a workshop on these recently and I also got a pattern for one from Annettes Creafarm. There is a monthly challenge, where you request the pattern of the month, and then enter your creation.
This is my box, made from the pattern I received
I used cream and brown cardstock. On the lid I used a selection of Marianne Design dies for the flowers, leaves and also for the trim around the lid of the box. On the inside Nellie Snellen dies were used for the doilies. Some ribbon and pearls to finish off the small cake boxes

.
For the next box I used a similar pattern, but this time I did something different on the inside. I cut small butterflies attached them to a strip of acetate and positioned these on the inside to resemble butterflies in flight.
Again I used a selection of Marianne Design dies, for the butterflies, the heart and tags. The flowers, some of the small butteflies and the cutout on the top of the lid were all Nellie Snellen dies.
Around the edge of the lid I used an X-cut edge punch to create a lovely edge. Finished off again with pearls, ribbon and some bling.

I really enjoyed making these and had great fun. Hope you will let me know what you think about them. I am going to see if I can enter any challenges with these.

Wishing you all a most enjoyable weekend...and tomorrow the start of a new month.. Watch out that you don't  get caught out with anything tomorrow.
Have fun and see you soon. Take care.

7 comments:

Riet said...

Wat zijn dit schitterende doosjes Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

TenSGal said...

These are gorgeous, Ursula...so very pretty!!!

Susan

Jolanda said...

Deze doosjes blijven leuk . . mijn voorkeur gaat naar het blauwe doosje, maar ze zijn alle twee prachtig.

Monica said...

STUNNING - both of them. Love the roses on the first one. Divine!!!

Monica xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ursula, this is so beautiful! The flowers on the first one are gorgeous and the doilies so elegant. Love the blue colour and butterfly of the second one. Fantastic projects.
Amelia x

Unknown said...

The 2 boxes are beautiful and love the butterfly. Stunning !!! Hugs Charlie

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow-wee! These are amazing and the first is just stunning - perfect for a wedding surprise.
Hugs,
Teresa