Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Very quick birthday card


I had to make a quick card for one of my students for her birthday and as I belong to a group on PCP making CAS (clean and simple) cards,not easy for me I must say. I decided to do one of these for her. She doesn't like too fussy. This week our project was torn paper and using only ribbon, one embellishment and a sentiment.
I used cardstock with a slight marbling design on it and tore some DP to matt onto it. Not sure whose paper it is as I am down to my last little piece. The ribbon was tied in a knot and the sentiment is from Great Impressions a local stamping company.
The flower was one that I had already made. The card took me about 15 minutes, the biggest job was tearing the paper, That's not so easy LOL!
The flower I made was using the flower die from crealies. Her dies have 4 different sizes of each flower on one die. She is offering some of these as candy so pop over and see them. I cut out 5 layers put them together with a brad, sprayed some water on each layer and as it was drying just moulded them into shape. Put on some extra colour with distress inks and spritzed with glimmer mist. I also added three pearls as I thought it needed it.
Enjoythe rest of the week, not long to the weekend.

3 comments:

Lia said...

hi ursula,
your card is beautiful
hugs Lia

eva said...

Wonderful postcard

Riet said...

Prachtige kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.