Friday, September 16, 2011

Anyone for skating yet???

Happy Friday blogging friends.
Yes another week done and dusted and a great weekend to look forward to, My card today was made for someone special in mind. One of my students has a granddaughter Racheal. She is just 9 years old and does ice skating. She has just come back from taking part in the SA national championships in Cape Town. In her  group she was the youngest and skated beautifully, but missed qualifying by 1 point. She was very disappointed, but said, never mind next year I will know what to do and is now practising very hard for another event in October. So this is the card I made for her, just to wish her lots of success in her future ice skating  events.

The ice skate was cut with my Cricut, using a file from   Creations by AR . I am still not very familiar with this piece of equipment, and it is a challenge for me every time I use it...more practising I guess.  The DP is from Papermania, and the cardstock is Bazzil, put through the cuttlebug and some glitter added.. I punched holes and threaded a narrow ribbon, for the laces, tied at the top with 2 little star charms. A computer generated sentiment to finish. I was fairly saitisfied with the result.
I have entered it into :
Challenges by AR... Sports

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy what you are doing.

7 comments:

LaJanette said...

This is such a great card Ursula! I love what you have done with the skate; those swirls are devine and the laces...AHHH such a good touch! Very very pertty!

Hugs;
Jantte

Unknown said...

She'll love this! How absolutely fitting for a 9 yr old skater. I wish her lots of luck next month. Thank you for sharing this with us, Ursula. It's beautiful!

Lori said...

So pretty and feminine! Love the embossed pattern and glitter on the skate. Thanks for joining us at Challenges by AR.

Ruth said...

Lovely card..great idea! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, Ursula. Love the embossing and glitter on the skate, so creative.
Amelia x

lisa808 said...

Wow--the skate looks gorgeous with the embossing and glitter. There is going to be a very happy nine-year-old when she sees this card.

Axes DesigNs said...

Oh.. those skates are so beautiful and girly.. Thanks for playing along with Creations by AR..

Magdalena