My special friends

Translate my page

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dinosaur birthday



Tomorrow is my grandson Dylan's 4th birthday. At the moment dinosaurs are at the top of his interest list. Has to have a dinosaur cake.... so made him a dino card. I didnt have a stamp for a dino so had to think... here's how I did it.

Paper - brown card stock, matted green which I had run through the numbers folder of the cuttlebug. Coloured the three numbers 4 and then put on glossy accents to make them pop. I used a DP with dinosaurs and cut out the 2 under a tree in the top corner. The paper is from Queen of hearts - dinky dino. It is a local SA company.

Image is taken from a colouring book resized and coloured with aquarelle pencils.
Sentiment is from a local stamping company.
The ribbon tag is from a Nellie Snellen MFD.
I chose the colours because I entered it into a challenge using colours brown, green and pink......hence the pink dino. The challenge is for Monday's birthday card on Outlawz group
Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend. Warm wishes.

3 comments:

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.x

Petra said...

Love the way you improvised to find a dino image Ursula! such a cute card, I'm sure your grandson is going to love it!

otomys said...

Wow, Ursuala, what a great card! I can see how much love you put into this card. Fantastic job on how you pop the numbers.
Amelia x