Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bottle tag



Good afternoon from a very hot SA. The temp on the thermometer outside my kitchen window is currently on 30deg.C, and it is in the shade. Well at least it is midweek, so all is well. Today I have a tag, made for a PCP challenge. Seeing as we are only 50+ days from Christmas and I am way behind I thought I would at least have a tag done. This fits over a wine bottle and ideal when taking a bottle with for dinner or whatever. Very quick to make.
Paper: used green cardstock. I cut it 14cm long and 7cm wide. Scored a line at 7cm and folded in half. Punched a hole in the one side large enough to go over the neck of the bottle. Now this is where time and imagination come into play. I didn't have much time so made it simple. Cut DP 15cm x 9cm. and a piece of plain card same size.
I sandwiched the piece with the hole punched out between these 2 layers, and decorated the outside DP.
I used a burgundy card and punched out a Nellie Snellen MFD. and layered this onto my DP.
Image is from Country Crafts & rubber stamps a local company, coloured with distress ink pads and the berries coated with glossy accents.
Added a "Merry Christmas tag and 3 pearls to finish.
I will be making a few more of these. I got this idea from a blog but can't remember whose it was, so am sorry I can't give any credit for it.
Hope you all have a wonderful week wherever you are.

3 comments:

Riet said...

Wat prachtig gemaakt Ursula,mooi papier.

Liefs Riet.

Lia said...

beautiful bottletag you made ursula and wow it's very hot near you
hugs Lia

Mote said...

Ursula thank you that you looked into my blog:))) I am glad your opinion. Hello South
Africa!!