Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Something with wings at the colour challenge

Good afternoon friends,
Alittle late with my posting, but I braved the shopping mall for a few items I still had to get....so pleased I could escape quickly.

Tuesday is the Colour challenge at The Outlawz and this week the colours and inspirational photo was chosen by Teresa, who loves birds and has gorgeous parrots, so it isn't surprising that the twist is "add wings"




 


 Our sponsor is Digi my world with a gift certificate for the winner.
                                              





I invite you to go and have a look at the lovely cards made by the DT, and if you want to have a break from all the Christmas preparations, then come and join us...would love to see you there.

For my card I used a Craftyindividuals stamp that has butterflies and a bird on it. I punched a butterfly and mounted it on the larger one, and I added some glitter to the bird with a gem for the eye.
The yellow cardstock I put through the cuttlebug with a butterfly folder. Finished it off with pearls, a button and some twine. Not too fussy, but I quite like the look of it.

I am going to enter some challenges:
Artistic Inspirations #20...Anything goes
My Grafico challenges #142...Anything goes
Squigglefly challenge #50...Anything goes with a sentiment
Addicted to stamps...Bingo..I used the centre row down,,button, embossed, clean & simple
Eclectic Ellapu challenge #10...Anything goes
Papelitos stamps challenge #24...Anything goes
That's all for today

I wish you all a wonderful week, take some to catch your breath, and see you back here soon.
Take care and have fun, love Ursula

12 comments:

Holly Young said...

I love the blue and yellow color combination on this. I like the way you used the twine on this too, and your little butterfly is the sweetest! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Donna Ellis said...

Ursula, what a wonderful card! So bright and sunny, a "chirpie" card with all its sweetness and winged creatures. Love the color combo!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is lovely, Ursula. I really like how you did the twine and button.
Merry Christmas,
Teresa

TenSGal said...

Very pretty, Ursula! Love the blue and yellow combo!

Happy Holidays!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Wow, great take on the colour challenge Ursula! The stamps is so beautiful.
Amelia x

Andria said...

A simply elegant card, Gorgeous colour combo. Thank you for playing along at Eclectic Ellapu.

Andri - EE, dt (purples).

Wendy said...

What a lovely birthday card...thank you for joining us this week at ARTistic Inspirations~Wendy, DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card and the little wren is just adorable.
Lovely to see something other than a christmas card too.

Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations..
Claire

arjette said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Ursula, so pretty and the embossing adds such lovely texture.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps, hope you have a wonderful Christmas
hugs Mandy xx

Laurian said...

Fabulous card Ursula, love the stamp and how you've used the twine, so clever - thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at artistic inspiration and good luck emma xx